Hello, my name is Kevin
I am a software engineer, CSS lover, and writer. This is my digital playground & corner of the internet.
- new! 🤯 Can CSS be used recursively to change styles based on the depth of an element in a container? Well it can, but it is a little tricky.
- For a styling implementation detail, I set the challenge to come up with a CSS-only solution, instead of implementing the logic in a front-end framework.
- Yesterday my wife told me about this :placeholder-shown selector. I had visual question marks above my head because I never heard of it before. But it sparked curiosity about what it could give me.
- updated! As engineers, we have the tendency to over-engineer our solutions, make our code as reusable as possible. We make our code DRY. But in this quest, we often create unstable code.
- I was wrong about service workers. I wrongly assumed certain use cases for them. But I was missing out on them.